The APF Annual Meeting is our major decision-making forum and a catalyst for developing agreed new programs and common policy positions.
The annual meetings have a track record in developing practical and cooperative approaches to addressing shared human rights concerns.
Every second year, the APF hosts a major conference in conjunction with the Annual Meeting. It is the largest regular human rights event in the Asia Pacific region.
Thewas held in Qatar in October 2013. It brought together representatives from APF member institutions, international agencies, governments and civil society organisations in the region.
The Annual Meeting was held on 1 October 2013.
The Second Biennial Conference was held on 2-3 October 2013 and featured discussion on the following topics:
- the role of NHRIs, in cooperation with the state and civil society, in working toward a peaceful transition to democracy
- the role of NHRIs in working with police and security forces
- the role of NHRIs in democracy and good governance
- APF Action Plan on Women’s and Girl’s Human Rights
- NHRIs and Women in Political and Democratic Reform
On 4 October 2013, the APF held an invitation-only meeting on Establishment of NHRIs and Paris Principles Compliance.