2016 Pacific Rim International Conference on Disability and Diversity
Graphic: Hawai'i Convention Center, Honolulu
The Pacific Rim International Conference, held for over 30 years, is considered one of the most diverse gatherings in the world.
The 32nd Annual Pacific Rim International Conference on Disability and Diversity will be held on 25-26 April 2016 at the Hawai'i Convention Center in Honolulu. The conference theme is: "From the margins to the center".
The Call for Proposals will begin on 15 September 2015.
The Pacific Rim International Conference, considered one of the most 'diverse gatherings' in the world, encourages and respects voices from "diverse" perspective across numerous areas, including:
- Voices from persons representing all disability areas;
- Experiences of family members and supporters across all disability and diversity areas;
- Responsiveness to diverse cultural and language differences; evidence of researchers and academics studying diversity and disability;
- Stories of persons providing powerful lessons;
- Examples of program providers, and;
- Action plans to meet human and social needs in a globalized world.
- Hawai'i Convention Center, Honolulu - PacRim Conference organising team