Commision renews MoU with key courts body
Graphic: Signing of the MoU between the Commission and General Executive Agency of Court Decisions
The National Human Rights Commission of Mongolia and the General Executive Agency of Court Decisions have signed a new three-year agreement.
Building on a long-standing program of cooperation, the National Human Rights Commission of Mongolia and the General Executive Agency of Court Decisions (GEACD) renewed their Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on 11 December 2017.
The new MoU, which was signed on 11 December 2017 and will run for three years, aims to:
- Ensure and protect the rights of participants of activities carried under the execution of court decisions in accordance with the Constitution of Mongolia, international human rights conventions and other relevant legislation;
- Prevent human rights violations caused by the activities that take place during the course of detaining, arresting, and confining individuals;
- Establish a the human rights-based approach in the execution of court decisions; and
- Strengthen the cooperation between two parties.
The main areas of cooperation between the Commission and the GEACD include human rights training, promotional activities, and inquiries. As part of the new MoU, the Commission and the GEACD are planning to undertake the following activities as part of the new MOU:
- Co-organize a nation-wide capacity building program for GEACD staff through its trainers, who received human rights training from the Commission from 29 November 2017 to 1 December 2017;
- Produce and publish handbooks and guidelines for staff of executive agencies of court decisions in order to provide them with the human rights education, as well as use them in further human rights training and promotional activities.
In addition to conducting inquiries into detention centers and prisons of the GAECD in order to prevent and eliminate torture and ill-treatment, the Commission and the GAECD have agreed to:
- Discuss any complaints submitted to the NHRCM regarding a violation of human rights which took place during the execution of court decisions, along with its solutions, twice a year;
- Take necessary measures to eliminate the violations;
- Conduct a study on prevailing violations revealed by the inquiries and to exchange information promptly;
- Ensure the labour rights of staff of subsidiary agencies of the GAECD.
Date: 16 December 2017
- Signing of the MoU between the Commission and General Executive Agency of Court Decisions - National Human Rights Commission of Mongolia