الجرافيك Mother and son sit outside their village home
APF holds Capacity Assessment preparatory meetings with Ombudsman of Turkmenistan and stakeholders30 سبتمبر 2022
2018 (23rd Annual Meeting)
The institution was established by Law No. 136 on the Ombudsman (Akyikatchy) of the Kyrgyz Republic, which was signed by the President of the Kyrgyz Republic on 31 July 2002 and adopted by the Legislative Assembly of the Jogorku Kenesh.
Role and functions
Pursuant to Article 2 of Law No. 136, the Kyrgyz Ombudsman has a broad mandate to promote and protect human rights.
The objectives of the Ombudsman are:
- Protecting human and civil rights and freedoms, as set out in the Constitution and laws of the Kyrgyz Republic, as well as international agreements and treaties ratified by the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Monitoring compliance with and respect for the human and civil rights and freedoms of people in the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Preventing violations of human and civil rights and freedoms or assisting in the recovery of rights and freedoms;
- Assisting in harmonizing the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic on the human and civil rights and freedoms with the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic and international standards;
- Improving and further developing international cooperation in the area of protection of human and civil rights and freedoms;
- Preventing any forms of discrimination against execution of rights and freedoms by an individual;
- Promoting legal information among the population and protecting the confidential information of private persons.
Mr Tokon Mamytov
Ms Zhamgyrchieva Gulnara Omorovna
Mr Alimbaev Erlan Abdykayymovich
- Mother and son sit outside their village home - Evgeni Zotov, Flickr; http://bit.ly/2QjGu0i