Request for Proposal: Human Rights Education consultant
Experienced consultants are requested to submit their proposal by 15 January 2021.
One of the main functions of the APF is to support NHRIs to be stronger and more effective institutions in the region through capacity development programmes. To do this, the APF develops training packages, resource materials that are readily available to our members and conducts blended learning activities.
The APF is therefore looking to develop a capacity development activity on Human Rights Education and Communications which will include a training course, development of resources and an accompanying Community of Practice for participants to learn and collaborate with one another. This course will first be piloted in the Pacific region, then launched to the broader APF membership.
The APF is seeking expertise in development of the capacity development programme on Human Rights Education (HRE) including facilitation practice for human rights education and designing and delivery of a training course on HRE and Communication.
Download the Request for Proposal from the APF website.
Scope of Engagement
The contracted consultant, in close collaboration with the APF secretariat, will work to design, produce and deliver a capacity development activity on the HRE function of an NHRI and facilitation practice for HRE, that includes producing content suited to be delivered in a multiple of platforms.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The Consultant will have demonstrated experience and expertise in:
- Demonstrated expertise and experience of NHRIs in the Asia Pacific region, and their HRE function,
- Demonstrated high-level expertise in developing content and delivering capacity development activities on human rights education and facilitation,
- Strong understanding of adult-centred learning, creating learning environments, creating training modules and curriculum, including for online and remote learning and facilitation,
- Excellent communication skills including writing.
Additionally, the Consultant will need to:
- Act in a professional manner and adhere to the APF Code of Conduct, including any other relevant policies and guidelines,
- Work effectively and deliver outputs on time,
- Be flexible and open to working in a complex environment with a small team and,
- Have awareness of gender considerations when undertaking tasks.
Please email your quotation/proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:00 (AEST), 15 January 2021