Request for Proposal: NHRI Legal Expert
الجرافيك Nur-Sultan (Astana) skyline
Experienced consultants are requested to submit their proposal by 14 June 2021.
The Asia Pacific Forum (APF) is a coalition of National Human Rights Institutions who work together to build an Asia Pacific region where everyone can enjoy human rights. National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) are independent bodies with powers to investigate and report on human rights violations, to stand up for those in need of protection and to hold their governments to account. NHRIs also help shape laws, policies, practices and attitudes that create strong, fair and inclusive communities.
A fundamental goal of the APF is to support the establishment of independent national human rights institutions in the region and to strengthen our members to do this work. We also bring our members together, and build partnerships with others, in order to tackle some of the most serious and complex human rights challenges facing our region.
To achieve this goal, in addition to the people, organisations, and communities that support NHRIs, the APF needs supportive technologies and processes to deliver effective, efficient and strategy support to our members.
Scope of Engagement
The NHRI Legal Expert will undertake the following specific tasks to support the APF.
Key tasks of the consultant include:
- Provide advice on the compliance on draft legislation and related instruments to establish the mandate for the Ombudsman for Human Rights of Kazakhstan
The agreement will commence from 16 June 2021 to 30 June 2021.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The consultant will have demonstrated experience in:
- Providing advice on NHRI legislation in the Asia Pacific
- Advanced and applied understanding of the "Paris Principles"
- Academic and/or professional qualifications in law
- Excellent communication and writing skills
Additionally, the consultant will need to:
- Act in a professional manner and adhere to the APF Code of Conduct
- Work effectively and deliver outputs on time
- Be flexible and open to working in a complex environment with a small team
- Ideally have knowledge of NHRIs
- Ideally have awareness of gender considerations when undertaking work
Download the Request for Proposal from the APF website.
Please email your quotation/proposal to email@example.com by 17:00 (AEST), 14 June 2021.
- Nur-Sultan (Astana) skyline - Chris Price - Flickr Creative Commons (https://rb.gy/xktjis)