Terms and Conditions
Conditions for using this website
In using the Asia Pacific Forum of National Human Rights Institutions' (APF) website (this website), You agree to the following terms.
- that your use of this website will be lawful;
- the information on this website is for personal, non-commercial use only;
- that your use of this website will not infringe any third party's rights;
- that your use of this website will not breach any standards, content requirements or codes published by any relevant authority (including relevant internet industry codes of practice);
- not to attempt to modify, adapt, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the APF's website;
- not to tamper with or interfere with another person's access to the APF's website;
- not to attempt to bypass the network firewall;
- not commit unauthorised intrusion into any part of the APF's website, including computers, files, accounts, networks and equipment;
- not to use any part of the APF's website for which You are not authorised or devise ways to circumvent security in order to access part of the APF's website for which You are not authorised – including but not limited to, scanning networks with the intent to breach and/or evaluate security, whether or not the intrusion results in access or not; and
- not to attempt to misuse the APF's website – including but not limited to password cracking, social engineering (defrauding others into releasing their passwords), denial-of-service attacks, harmful and malicious destruction of data, injection of computer viruses, or intentional invasion of privacy.
All material on this website is protected by all applicable laws including copyright and trademark laws unless otherwise specifically noted and may not be used except as permitted in these Website Terms and Conditions or in the text on the website.
The APF's name, logo and brand (APF Branding) are important assets that identify the APF to the broader community, and their misuse has the potential to impact negatively on the APF's reputation and image.
You cannot use the APF Branding without the APF's written approval. The APF may take legal action against any improper or unauthorised use of APF Branding.
Approved uses of APF Branding
If You have been granted written approval by the APF, You:
- must only use APF Branding in strict accordance with the terms of the approval;
- cannot use APF Branding for commercial purposes;
- cannot use APF Branding in any manner that suggests endorsement by the APF of You or your services and products;
- cannot use APF Branding in association with any political, sectarian or similar cause;
- cannot use APF Branding in any manner that would undermine the real or perceived political neutrality of the APF;
- cannot use APF Branding in any manner that is likely to or actually damages the APF's reputation, status or image;
- are not permitted to alter, adapt, animate or otherwise modify the APF's branding; and
- agree that the APF reserves the right to withdraw its approval for You to use APF Branding at any time and for any reason, and will take action to terminate any improper or unauthorised use.
Requesting approval to use APF Branding
Request to use the APF's Branding should be addressed to the Director by email: email@example.com.
Linking to the APF website
You may link to the APF's website at your full expense and responsibility without the APF's prior written approval. In doing so You must not:
- alter any of the APF's website's contents;
- frame or reformat the files, pages, images, information and materials from this website on any other website; and
- create the impression that there is a formal association or affiliation with the APF, or that the APF endorses You or your products or service.
The APF reserves the right to change or update URLs for its website or those used on its website at any time and without notice.
Linking to other sites
The APF website provides links to some third party sites for your information and convenience. You acknowledge that:
- the APF does not manage or control these third party sites;
- Your use of and/or download of information from other websites is at your own risk (and cost, if any);
- third party sites may not follow the same privacy, security, or accessibility standards as the APF does; and
- the APF is not responsible for the content of third party sites, their partners, their advertisers and advertisements, or for their availability.
This website (excluding any linked, third party sites) is controlled by APF from Australia. Any disputes about this website, its contents or your dealings with APF must be determined by the courts having jurisdiction in New South Wales, Australia in accordance with laws in force in New South Wales, and You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to this jurisdiction.
Website or content may be unlawful outside Australia
The APF does not warrant that the content of this website complies with the laws of any country outside of Australia.
You acknowledge that if You access this website from outside of Australia, You do so at your own risk and You accept responsibility for ensuring or confirming compliance with all laws that apply to You as a result of that access or any consequent transactions or dealings with the APF. Nothing on this website constitutes an offer to provide goods or services in any jurisdiction if to do so would contravene the laws of that jurisdiction.
To the maximum extent possible under law, the material on this website is supplied as-is and as-available, and makes no representations or warranties of any kind whether express, implied, statutory, or otherwise. This includes, without limitation, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, absence of latent or other defects, accuracy, or the presence or absence of errors, whether or not known or discoverable. Where disclaimers or warranties are not allowed in full or in part, this disclaimer may not apply.
To the maximum extent possible under law, the APF will not be liable to You on any legal theory (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise for any direct, special, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, exemplary, or other losses, costs, expenses, or damages arising out of the use of the material on this website. Where a limitation of liability is not allowed in full or in part, this disclaimer may not apply.
This website is not a substitute for independent professional advice and You should obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to your particular circumstances.
The APF does not accept responsibility for loss or damage arising from Your use of any information on this website or any information You download from it. You access and use material at your own risk.
'APF' means the Asia Pacific Forum of National Human Rights Institutions.
'APF Branding' means the APF's Brand, Logo, or Name.
'Brand' means the distinctive representation or sum total of ideas, emotions or associations attached to an organisation.
'Logo' means both the APF's logo with text and without text.
'Name' means 'Asia Pacific Forum of National Human Rights Institutions'.
'You' means the end-user of this website, including an individual or an organisation.