Graphic: Young people supporting the Commission's 'Brave Men' campaign
APF supports Bangladeshi NHRI on national inquiry into gender-based violence29 Apr 2021 Bangladesh
2011 (16th Annual Meeting)
The National Human Rights Commission of Bangladesh is an independent statutory body established by the National Human Rights Commission Act, 2009.
Role and functions
The Commission has a broad mandate that includes:
- Monitoring the situation of human rights in the country
- Promoting and protecting human rights
- Monitoring the situation of and people's access to their fundamental rights and freedoms
- Investigating cases of human rights violations.
In the conduct of investigations, the Commission has the status of a civil court.
MembersNasima Begum, NDC
Dr. Kamal Uddin Ahmed
Advocate Toufika Karim
Jesmin Ara Begum
Mr. Mizanur Rahman Khan
Dr. Nomita Haldar, NDC
Ms Nurun Naher Osmani
- Young people supporting the Commission's 'Brave Men' campaign - National Human Rights Commission of Bangladesh