الجرافيك Young people supporting the Commission's 'Brave Men' campaign
2011 (16th Annual Meeting)
The National Human Rights Commission of Bangladesh is an independent statutory body established by the National Human Rights Commission Act, 2009.
Role and functions
The Commission has a broad mandate that includes:
- Monitoring the situation of human rights in the country
- Promoting and protecting human rights
- Monitoring the situation of and people's access to their fundamental rights and freedoms
- Investigating cases of human rights violations.
In the conduct of investigations, the Commission has the status of a civil court.
Mr Kazi Reazul Hoque
Md. Nazrul Islam (Full-time member)
Professor Meghna Guhathakurta (Honorary member)
Ms Banchita Chakma (Honorary member)
Mr Enamul Hoque Chowdhury (Honorary member)
Professor Akhter Hussain (Honorary member)
Ms Nurun Naher Osmani (Honorary member)
- Young people supporting the Commission's 'Brave Men' campaign - National Human Rights Commission of Bangladesh